Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tom and I were on mini-date night last week. After dinner, we walked around downtown and went into one of our favorite used books stores. We were looking around and Tom found Horton Hears A Who, by Dr. Seuss. He was pretty excited and thought it was timely considering what our government is doing to the rest of the world. So, we purchased it and brought the book home to The Monkey. Now, I had never read it (I grew up watching stories not reading them, i.e. T.V. kid). That's one of the cool things I find with being a parent, is that I get do, read and learn things that hadn't when I was a child. We love the story. The Monkey sits listening and asking questions. "A person is person, no matter how small." We talk about how we help those who can't help themselves. I feel, it is much more of a Christmas book than The Grinch..., with the theme of selflessness, stewardship and sacrifice. Or maybe it's more of an Easter book. Anyways, we can all learn from Horton.

No comments: