Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thinking About Being A Mom


It's been a few days since Mother's Day and I've been thinking about how lucky I am. It's not because my family had breakfast waiting for me while I was still in bed or that I got to go to some spa and indulge or anything else that some moms get to experience on that day. In fact, Mother's Day seemed to be quite a normal day (I did receive a pair of beautiful earrings and had my gym membership renewed. Sweet). I worked (as any small business owner does) and did laundry and other household chores (like any mom or dad does). I am lucky because my family loves me, we are healthy and our boys are happy. After dinner I took The Monkey to get some special mommy's day ice cream. As we were walking back, he wanted to run in and out of the water fountains at the park. I stripped him down to his bare nakedness, which he was happy about, and let him run free. As I watched him play in the fountains and let him share with me his excitement, I stopped and soaked up that moment of no worries or stress, just us giggling and playing together. I have learned from what others have told me with experiencing how fast time does go by. Already, The Monkey is no longer a little baby he once was. He is now a little boy. I will hold on to our time as mother and son, always, and treasure each phase of our life together, never forgetting what joy he brings me when he smiles.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's those moments that are very cool to soak in. Drives in the car at dusk, the air thick and sweet. The wind flowing through our hair. I love moments like those.

Jennifer said...

oooh and also I am loving your oldest son's blog. I need to take style lessons from him!!!Vienna is a lovely place and he will enjoy it.

Haute Again said...

Thanks beebee mod. Yeah, our eldest is pretty amazing, we're learning too.