Friday, March 14, 2008

Maybe Yesterday Was A Little Harsh or Not...Or...It Just Was ???

I keep thinking about how difficult the last couple of weeks have been (and with what is coming) and have been debating on whether to post it or not. Tom and I feel that this blog needs to be positive, maybe funny but mostly transparent. We are real people in this world trying to better our lives and our son's lives.
So, I guess things can't always smell like roses.

Tom continues to be the same. Since he doesn't like to go to sleep early, I'm trying to get him to sleep more in the morning and take a nap during the day. It's working (a little).

Then there is my little problem, all though today ended up well. Back on January 1st, I tore two ligaments in my right wrist. I really didn't know the severity of it because I have seemed to have this problem of my wrist "popping out" for about 12 years (from witnessing to sculpting clay). But this last time it was different, I couldn't move it for a few days.
Tom worked his magic as usual. I could move it again but it just wasn't right. Well, it turns out that I'll most likely need surgery, but for now, I received a steroid shot to help me get through my daily tasks.
That was yesterday. It hurt so bad throughout the day and last night.
Today it has improved a lot, I hardly notice it's there. I have to remind myself to be careful because the ligaments are still weak. I go back to the doctor in late April to see what is next.
It stresses me out. I do everything with my hands. Holding The Monkey, computer work, designing, photography, dyeing, knitting, household duties and not mention my passions, painting and sculpting. If I lost any type of control in my hand, oh man, I just don't know.

And finally, Tom's dad is dying. He has been struggling with cancer for about 8 years now and it's finally taken it toll. We found out tonight that he probably has only a couple of weeks left (tumors through out his brain and up and down his spinal cord). There are so many issues involved with this one. Tom and he have always had a stained relationship even to this day. Tom has always remained open but we feel his dad is just so scared and has such intimacy issues, that there is only so much we can do.

But on the up side, we keep moving forward. It's all we can do. I am so thankful for what we have, including each other.

We really are lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

an honest, real post. doesn't it feel good to let it out?!

i hope you and tom both heal soon. take good care of each other.

Anonymous said...

an honest, real post. doesn't it feel good to let it out?!

i hope you and tom both heal soon. take good care of each other.

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Life isn't always sunshine and roses and I think it's ok to be real on your blog and vent about it. I think most people understand that you don't really want to be glue. ;)